We Help Niles, Illinois Area Students Succeed Through Scholarships
Niles Chamber of Commece Dollars for Scholars® is a nonprofit foundation comprised of business members of the Niles Chamber of Commerce & Industry that supports academic success in the Niles, Illinois area community. We donate our time throughout the year trying to raise money for local students who need financial aid as they enter high school and college. In the past thirteen years this program has awarded over $135,000 in scholarships to area students.
For 2017, we will award two $4,000 College Scholarships ($1,000 for each year, up to 4 years) for high school seniors going into college in the Fall of 2017.
Our application process is open from January 10, 2017 - Tuesday, February 28, 2017.
Important Information Specifically for the Niles Chamber Dollars for Scholars 2017 Scholarships:
Are You Eligible? You must be a current Senior in High School AND meet ONE of the following criteria:
- Niles, IL resident
- Son/daughter of an employee at a Chamber Member Business. For a list of current members search the business directory: www.nileschamber.com
- An employee of a Chamber Member business. For a list of current members search the business directory: www.nileschamber.com
How to Apply:
- Create a Student Profile by going to the "Students & Parents" Tab at the Top
- Complete the profile steps incuding: Basic Info, Additional Info, Schools, GPA, Class Rank, Test Scores, Activities, Awards, Employment, Parent/Guardian Info (if you are under 18 years of age).
- Find the "My Scholarships" tab on the left hand side. You MUST complete the Custom Question and answer in essay format "There are many political, social and environment issues effecting your future. Identify what issue impacts you the most and explain how you would solve it. In approximately 500 words."
- You DO NOT have to complete financial info, the Goals and Aspirations essay or the Unusual Circumstances essay. Letters of recommendation are not required. Financial information, goals and aspirations essay, unusual circumstances essay and letters of recommendation will NOT be considered for this scholarship. However, feel free to complete the information as it may make you eligible for other scholarships through Scholarship America.
High School Scholarships (8th Grade Students)
In past years we have also awarded high school scholarships to eighth grade students. Due to a lack of applicants in the past few years we will not be offering high school scholarships this year. If there is an interest in the future for high school scholarships are committee will reconsider.